Friday, September 3, 2010

Kindergarten - 1970/71



After a week of doing nothing at Design Dollies, I completed the Trifecta this week!!  This is a layout about my twin sister and my Kindergarten year in school!!! Even though Karen's name is listed first (she was born first), I am the one whose face isn't blurred on the left, and Karen is on the other end of the row!  That was the only year they put us in the same class.  I guess they were afraid we relied too much on each other rather than making new friends.  I really don't know.   I used fabric (American Crafts, Dear Lizzy -- the pink with white polka dots) to meet The Studio challenge to use fabric!!!  I frayed the edges just a bit on the fabric.  I had a lot of fun making this layout!  At first I was worried that I wouldn't be able to make the colors or the design work for me, but I like how it turned out!  As you can tell, I changed the circle elements to some fun school themed sayings.  I also added a couple of cute banners!

P.S. Did you hear about the blog hop/celebration at Lucky Girl's? Click on the link to check it out!



This week's challenge is to pay homage to the Back to School season... BUT the twist is that it must focus on YOU as the student! (So no scrapping first days of school for the kiddies!!! Scrap YOURSELF!!!)
BLACK, WHITE, PINK and GREEN
(any shades of pink and green are fine and dandy, but these four need to be your PREDOMINANT colors, with minimal or no accents outside of the challenge colors)

10 comments:

  1. This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo FUN!! I love love love love that photo and loving the banner! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you personalised the sketch to make it work for your photo. Fab trifecta!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that Dear Lizzy fabric paper great? Love the layout! Thank you for joining in on my class at The Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you added the banner and frayed the edges of the fabric. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly! Thanks for you comment over at Stuck on U Sketches...aren't we just the luckiest EVER to have Debbie join us! She is just amazing!

    I really like your projects, how fun is this! Love school LO's (and my oldest being in kindergarten and 2 more that aren't school age..I have a lot of school projects ahead of me! LOL!)

    Thanks again for coming by! Leah

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a wonderful job Kelly! Great way to scrap those class pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly - this is so great! I didn't realize you were a twin. Identical or Fraternal? I can't see your pictures well enough to decide. My husbands mother is a twin. (frat)

    You asked where my husband works...he works for IBM (I've been moved...LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly this is just an awesome layout :) Thanks for playing with us over at The studio!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always wondered what's its like to be a twin. Must try out fabric on paper soon.

    ReplyDelete

09 10