Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Back in October of 1999





Back in October of 1999, Steve and I got married! This was way before we got a digital camera! I don't miss my old camera at all!! Anyway, I was inspired by two challenges for this one!  I'm out of my comfort zone for both of them. I created the background by using a 12 x 12 mask.  First, I daubed some silver Adirondack paint on a few of the circles and the center "flower" and then sprayed the whole thing with some Tattered Angels mist.  This took care of the Ella Publishing company Spring Training Day 8 challenge to make your own custom-designed background.  The colors and everything else were part of a challenge (new to me) called Creative Prompts, and their Challenge # 63: Mysterious Glamour was to use this picture as inspiration!  It looks like it fits Lasting Memories latest challenge, too!! (It's all about you.)   So, I'm entering it there also!!! :-)


13 comments:

  1. Wow nice job creating your own background and using that picture for inspiration. Don't know if I could have done the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeeeeeeee this! I love love love that photo and loving the butterflies and the pins! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the background. Don't you love being stretched creatively??! The layout is awesome.
    I don't miss my old camera either!! ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. The misting looks gorgeous! I saw this mask last weekend and thought it was so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how subtle the background is. Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey kelly!! enter this one at Lasting Memories!! It's all about you!! go for it, girl! then you have a chance at some candy!! then i'll come back and comment again lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It certainly does!! Super glad you joined us!! What a gorgeous LO and love those butterflies!! I love simplicity, so this is right up my ally!! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your LO is gorgeous! Can't seem to find any roses, did you order them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you went outside your comfort zone and challenged yourself. Its so exciting to see what else we can do
    Love the butterflies (my fav) and the color combo
    Thanks for joining us at. Lasting Memories
    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Butterflies and birds!! How sweet this layout is. This is so pretty!!!!!!! I love the simplicity of this! I tend to have some pages that I might add too much... and others I go for the simple approach because i want those pictures to stand out more. This is perfect!! Thanks for showing us at Lasting Memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the title you used on this page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great layout, all those butterflies and birds are wonderful!! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Lasting Memories! =)Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is so pretty! I love the minimalism of it.
    May xx

    ReplyDelete

09 10