Friday, June 17, 2011

Phoenix Scrapbook Cottage Rocks -- photo heavy








EAT



STAY and SLEEP








 I was so lucky to win a weekend scrapbook retreat for me and a friend at the Phoenix Scrapbook Cottage. So, my twin sister and I decided it would be a fun time and a good excuse to take a trip together (for the first time, I might add).  We booked our airline tickets and headed out for the weekend! I'll be giving a review of some restaurants and things to do in the area later!  We had a lot of fun!  I had no idea how much fun you could have scrap-booking without all of the distractions of the household!!  The rooms were spacious and beautiful.  Plus, the girls provided snacks (think chocolate and snack mixes) and drinks. They had plenty of varieties of soda, but we drank a lot of water!  They also had a paper corner and some embellies if you don't have quite what you need to finish a page!  They also had lots of inks and stamps for your use as well as a Cricut (and a few cartridges) and a 12 x 12 printer (which we didn't use)!  If you are thinking about staying in a retreat, I'd recommend this place! It is close to the airport and light rail. There are some fun things to do in Phoenix, and it is so easy to get around on the light rail! We even headed out to Tempe on the light rail!  The only complaint I had was about the heat.  So, if you are going, I'd recommend Spring or Fall!

Stay tuned for a review of my favorite restaurant in the area! It is a hidden treasure!!! You can't miss it if you are in the area!

Disclosure:  I won the retreat weekend but was not asked to do the review. The opinions are my own!

4 comments:

  1. Looks awesome!!! I really need to check that place out! :):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Kelly, looks absolutely awesome, oh I am so glad you and your sister got a chance to catch up, wow, what a treat. MElxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! That place looks so amazing! I'd love to do something like this. Maybe in the not too far away future. Thank you for letting us know about this place! I gotta get my sister into scrapping too. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky duck!! It looks totally fabulous! Wish I could have gone too. What's with the photo of the chair with the lamp on the floor??

    ReplyDelete

09 10