Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cacti in Scallops and a prayer request



Here's another multi-photo, "getter done" layout! It certainly fits Scrapfit's Weekend Warm-Up # 12 to use scallops. I tell you, I printed even more pictures from the Phoenix trip I made with my twin. So, I had to resort to 9 photos on this page! It gives a general idea how many strange, quirky plants were at the Desert Botanical Gardens. My son hates this layout, but I say "it's another one finished." not that it's a chore, but...

Now, I hope you don't mind if I get very personal. I have a niece who has lupus (like me) and is having a hard time of it right now. It is looking like she is having some organ involvement with it--I'm hoping nothing too serious. She is in her first semester of college, too, and she is going to a difficult school. So, if you could add her to your prayer list, I'd sure appreciate it!!!




Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, I'm sorry to hear about your niece and yes I will keep her in my prayers:0)
    I love your layout, such beautiful photos and clever design.
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your lo! I loveeeeeee how you did the photos!! And I will pray for your niece... poor girl! Lupus is NO good! :( I will pass this on to my folks too, who I will know will want to pray for her! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, I'll be praying for your niece. So hard to go through that and at such a young age.

    Wow, so many different types of plants. Such a sweet way to showcase them all. Love the misting behind too! Thanks for working out at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

    Congratulations Kelly for winning my RAK. When you get a chance, send me your address at Garden Of Grace at Juno dot com (you know to connect the words and substitute the symbols :-).

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear that about your niece. I will keep her in my prayers.

    I really like this layout a lot! It would work perfectly in the grid challenge at scrap our stash that was posted today! You should enter it there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute LO! Very clever.

    Best wishes for your niece. I hope she gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All my best to your niece (& you!). Love this unique layout - most creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool way to display the photos! The scalloped edges look wonderful...love the buttons, too! Thank you for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh - the scallops look very nifty! Neat idea!

    Will send up a prayer for your niece (and you, too!)

    ReplyDelete

09 10