Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Cat in the Hat -- Getting a Little Wild with my Papers





I was a little out of my comfort zone in working with such wild papers, but they fit The Paper Variety's challenge to use a favorite photo! I'm also entering it in a sketch challenge from my friend Stacy! The photo is one of my favorite pictures of the school year--not because the photo is so good but because of what it represents. Mitch and his friend Adam were getting ready to perform their interpretation of The Cat in the Hat in front of the WHOLE school!!!!! It is pretty much the only photo I got of the performance. And, you know, I didn't get a video of it either! They worked so hard all year and even made it to Nationals with the piece. I picked this wild and crazy paper because of the sheer amount of energy and action these guys put into their performance. They. never. skipped. a. beat! They had to change voices and actions constantly! I was really proud of the effort, and it was hilarious! Plus, The Cat in the Hat is pretty wild anyway if you think about it--so the paper fits there, too! It is rare for the Speech and Debate team to be showcased in front of the school! Word was definitely out around school at how great the performance was, and one of Mitch's teachers made sure this made it to a school assembly!! Yay! I hope they find as good of a piece this year and win at Nationals!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Great memories, glad you could play along with TPV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is soooooooooooooooo AWESOME they got to perform in front of the school!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee all the FUN papers you used! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO Kelly, love the combination of patterned papers :) Thanks for sharing your favourite photo with us at TPV :)

    ReplyDelete

09 10