Sunday, September 4, 2011

Mini Book with Skewer Binding



I've been thinking a lot about hand-made books for the last few weeks. I found a great book on them at my library a few weeks ago, and you might say that began my complete fascination with them!  I made a mini a few weeks ago that was so simple.  This skewer binding book is a little more complicated but not so bad--especially when you happen to have a fantastic blog in your reader whose author just so happened to post a tutorial via Ustream video  yesterday!!! It was made from Handmade Decorative Books!  Sarah's work is so great! She makes the best shabby chic stuff and is just an all around nice lady. I love listening to her voice in the video!  If you go visit her, please let her know that Kelly Massman sent you over!  Needless to say, Sarah's books are much prettier than mine, but I had so much fun making mine that I will probably make more!!!

Thanks for visiting! I hope you are having a great weekend!  If you have time, please leave me a comment--I'd be thrilled! I'm a little behind in blog commenting myself, but I'll get there soon!!! :-)

9 comments:

  1. OMG Kelly how are you? this mini is so cute funny thing is I just saw Sarah's on her youtube channel this afternoon. Very cool technique. Definately on my list to try, your's looks fabulous.
    Have a great day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really cool Kelly! I love that you used a skewer. I have lots of those so think I can make one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww! This is sooooooooooo COOL!!! I loveeeeeeee how you binded it together! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Kelly. My dad used to make his own books and bindings. Thanks for joining in my give away and good luck to you in the draw. And I am following you now too.
    Hugs,
    Terri
    www.myneed2craft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cool binding! You did a fabulous job! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab idea! You are amazing. Love this little book - a real treasure! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVEEEEE this!! If I can find it or remember it...I ran across a blog today that dealt with handmade books and such....there may have been a challenge involved too but I can't remember...my kids have been fighting ALL DAY so today has really been a big blur.....lol. If I find it i'll let ya know....I swear, this is just the coolest idea.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant Kelly, such a clever way of binding a mini book :)
    Thanks for linking it up for my blog candy question :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kelly! Thanks for linking up this post to Craft Book Month at Craft Buds. :) Is this project inspired by a tutorial in a craft book? If you'd like to be eligible for prizes, just make sure you've added the button to your blog and follow the guidelines at http://www.craftbuds.com/september-is-craft-book-month/. Happy to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete

09 10